GRAND CELEBRATION & GRAND CLASSICA
EXCESS BAGGAGE – CARGO SERVICES
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM Saturday - Sunday
**Please contact us for pricing at (954) 414-1320 ext 701 or via email at email@example.com **
WE DO NOT SHIP HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, FLAMMABLES, CORROSIVES, ETC.
Passengers sailing with excess luggage/personal effects may start loading their bin 1 day prior to sailing. All bins must be completed no later than 2:00 PM on day of sailing. Please note that all passenger bins must be accompanied by the customer and cannot be sent without persons travelling with it.
If you cannot travel with your items, it will be sent as cargo. In order to do this, a commercial invoice is needed for all goods to declare at Customs.
Items shipped as cargo with more than a $2.500 value require Electronic Export Information filing (EEI). Each EEI required will incur a $30.00 processing fee.
An oversize fee could be charged if the pallets measurements exceed those of a standard pallet or is higher than 4 feet.
Excess Luggage and Cargo Rates
|ITEM||SAILING PASSENGER RATE||NOT SAILING CARGO RATE|
|Small Bin– 4’ x 2’4” x 3’3”||$99||$180|
|Large Bin – 5’1” x 4’0” x 2’.8”||$175||$255|
|Extra Large Bin – 5’ x 5’ x 4’||$275||$355|
|Double Extra-Large Bin– 5’ 6” x 5’ 6” x 5’ 6”||$350||$430|
|Appliances – Boxed – palletized (does not include refrigerators)||$99||$180|
|Pallets not to exceed 4 ft in Height||$125||$199|
|Pallets not to exceed 4 ft in Height||$125||$199|
|Receiving fee/forklift fee||$25||$25|
|CUBIC FT||N/A||$5 x FT|
|Consolidation Fee – per pallet/bin||N/A||$75|
|Storage Fee||$20||$20 x day|
|Oversize – Overweight Fee||$50||$50|
Cargo Terms & Conditions
Disclaimer of liability of Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line
1. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) or any person authorized by Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) shall be entitled, but under no obligation, to open any box or package at any time and to inspect the Goods.
2. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) is not responsible for the damage and theft of merchandise that is outside the warehouse. a) If carriage is Port to Port, the responsibility of Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) is limited to that part of the Carriage from and during loading onto the vessel up to and during discharge from the vessel and Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever in respect of the Goods or for any other matter arising during any other part of the Carriage even though Charges for the whole Carriage have been charged by Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) The Merchant constitutes Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) as agent to enter into contracts on behalf of the Merchant with others for transport, storage, handling or any other services in respect of the Goods prior to loading and subsequent to discharge of the Goods from the vessel without responsibility for any act or omission whatsoever on the part of Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) or others and Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) may as such agent enter into contracts with others on any terms whatsoever including terms less favorable than the terms in the Bill of Lading
3. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) it’s not responsible for the damage caused to the goods due to weather conditions.
4. Save as otherwise provided herein, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) shall in no circumstances be liable for direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage caused by delay or any other cause whatsoever and howsoever caused. Without prejudice to the foregoing, if Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) is found liable for delay, liability shall be limited to the freight applicable to the relevant stage of the transport.
5. No Goods which are or may become dangerous, inflammable or damaging or which are or may become liable to damage any property or person whatsoever shall be tendered to the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) for Carriage without Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) express consent in writing and without the Container or other covering in which the goods are to be transported and the Goods being distinctly marked on the outside so as to indicate the nature and character of any such articles and so as to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and requirements. If any such articles are delivered to Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) without such written consent and marking or if in the opinion of the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) the articles are or are liable to become of a dangerous, inflammable or damaging nature, the same may at any time be destroyed, disposed of, abandoned, or rendered harmless without compensation to the Merchant and without prejudice to Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) right to Charges.
6. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) reserves the right to not accept the merchandise sent to the warehouse without notifying us 24 hours before.
7. All the merchandise must be delivered to Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) at least 24 hours prior to the ship date.
8. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) it’s not responsible for the merchandise that is not properly protected to be transported. In some cases, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) may not send the merchandise to avoid possible damages, because the merchandise has not been protected enough to be transported.
9. The client must remove the merchandise from his bin in the next 24 hours after the bin arrives at its port of destination. Otherwise Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) will proceed to put all the goods on pallets and the customer assumes all responsibility for possible damages and losses in their merchandise.
10. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) reserves the right to deny and/or delay shipment of any and all cargo that exceeds weight or/and measures limit guidelines until modifications meeting our standards have been made.
11. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) does not guarantee the transportation of any and all cargo left at our warehouse without the approval of the supervisor or staff member on duty.
12. In case the wrapping is not adequate to hold the cargo properly and Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) must re-wrap the cargo again, a fee of $25.00 will be required to be paid before shipping.
13. All cargo shipping fees are paid prior to loading on the vessel.
BAHAMAS PARADISE CRUISE LINE WAREHOUSE DRIVING DIRECTIONS
From 95 SouthExit 95 at 45th Street Exit – Exit # 74 East to Broadway (US #1) North on Broadway - for approximately 2 miles Turn Right on Access Road (before crossing Sky Pass Bridge) Follow Access Road under Sky Pass Bridge Warehouse is located on the left – Receiving dock located at the center of the warehouse
From 95 NorthExit 95 at Blue Heron Blvd Exit – Exit # 76 East to Broadway (US#1) South on Broadway - for approximately 2 miles Crossover Sky Pass Bridge Turn Left onto Access Road (located at base of bridge) Follow Access Road under Sky Pass Bridge Warehouse is located on the left – Receiving dock located at the center of the warehouse
EXCESS LUGGAGE AT THE CRUISE TERMINAL
RUBBER BINS – COOLERS – OVERSIZED DUFFLE BAGS
LUGGAGE OVER 50 POUNDS
Excess Items should be checked at the Cargo Desk Located curbside at the terminal Port Security will not allow excess items to enter through the passenger entrance.
$25.00 Each Item
MICRO BIN $33.00
Frequently Asked Questions
How much luggage can I bring onboard?
Each guest is permitted to bring two pieces of complimentary standard luggage, not to exceed 50 pounds each.
When Will A Fee Be Charged?
A $25 fee per bag will be charged to your onboard account for the following:
- Luggage exceeding 50 pounds
- oversize luggage exceeding (28”H x17”W x12”D)
- oversize duffle bags exceeding (30”L x 13”W x12” D)
- coolers of all sizes
- golf equipment, bicycles, kayaks, scuba gear, musical instruments
- boxes of all sizes
- rubber bins of all sizes
- excess luggage & bags
All items including luggage exceeding 100 pounds will be charged $50 per item.
***All items including multiple plastic bags, paper bags, open grocery bags, shopping bags and open shoulder bags must be stored within your two pieces of standard luggage.