Your Family Getaway AwaitsBahamas Blog > All About Cruising > Your Family Getaway Awaits
Summer is for vacations, and with summer in full swing; it’s a time when families get together and they do something fun, where memories are made, laughs to be had, inside jokes are formed. So, with school out for the summer, it’s a prime time to get-away together, and that’s the core important factor with regards to family vacations, that you can all be together on one trip.
Planning a vacation can be a hassle, coming up with a trip that’s accommodating for all can be daunting, along with the stress of cost, these are common thoughts when putting together a vacation, and that’s what we want to take away for you. What’s great about taking a cruise is all the amenities that come with it, the idea that once you board that ship, you can check your worries on land, because everything from the time you get onboard is amazing, I mean you’re actually sailing to Paradise! Parents don’t have to worry about what can the kids do? Do I need to bring a babysitter? Is there fun stuff for the kids to do? What can we (parents) do? What can we all do together as a family? We try to alleviate those common worries by giving the best experience onboard, such as:
- For the kids: We have the Kids Programs, which are completely supervised, organized by age groups with interactive activities and are complimentary! Here’s a breakdown of The Kids Program:
- Kruzers Club: Ages 3-6 – this is for the youngest “cruisers” it has plenty of supervised space for the kids to have fun with activities well suited for this age group.
- Club Chill: Ages 7-12 – perfect atmosphere for energetic “cruisers” with interactive games and enough activities to keep them entertained all day long.
- Vibe: Ages 13-17 – Plenty of space for these adolescent “cruisers” to make new friends and hangout, with arcade games, board games a much more to keep these teens entertained while you are away.
- For the adults we have some amazing entertainment: you can catch a show, test your luck in the Casino, have a romantic dinner or sip on a cocktail poolside.
You can choose between an adults-only pool and a family friendly pool – Activities aren’t just either or. This is just a sample of a few activities that are available onboard, there are so many more options to choose from, that best suit your family.
Once you dock, there are many adventures that await you on Grand Bahama Island, your vacation may start when you check-in at Port of Palm Beach but it continues at the Bahamas. Some cool excursions to check out prior to setting sail (to see which one you and/or the whole family wants to do!) are below:
- Inland Blue Hole Snorkel Adventure
- Swimming with the Dolphins
- Deep Sea Fishing
- The Botanical Garden, City Sightseeing & Shopping Tour also the Freeport Sightseeing & Shopping Tour.
There is just about something for everyone, between relaxing at the beach, swimming with the dolphins to sightseeing. So many adventures to choose from that are family friendly, couple friendly, or great for solo travel. Remember, the idea of planning a trip can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be, just hammer out those dates you can all travel, and the worst part is over!
So make some family memories and take that vacation that’s long overdue. Kids Sail Free has been extended, now including June and July sailings! If you’re traveling without kids, you still qualify for a Free $50.00 in Onboard Spend on sailings through July!