All of a Sudden: Extravagance Takes on a Simpler MeaningBahamas Blog > All About Cruising > All of a Sudden: Extravagance Takes on a Simpler Meaning
As the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line team prepares to return to the sea, we’re reflecting on all the change that has occurred as we’ve stayed home to do our part in the fight against COVID-19. We’ve all been working from home, bonding with our pets as never before and craving fresh air or a nice walk. But when was the last time you realized how nice it was to just go out to dinner or meet friends for happy hour? When was the last time you realized how nice it was to just hang out with friends… doing whatever? Has this pandemic started to teach us the value of the simplicity? Perhaps simple things are the new extravagance.
And if that’s the case, what about a cruise? A short cruise from a port close to home, to familiar destinations – with your friends.
Here are some of my favorite things about a cruise with Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line:
- Watching our crew take such pride in what they do, treating every guest as if they have known them for years – and some have!
- The food. The food. The food. I must confess that my favorites are The Rock, a late-night slice of pizza, and chocolate martinis.
- Watching sail-away. Nerd that I am, I’ve been in this business for 30 years and it’s still thrilling to watch the ropes be untied as the ship slowly glides out to sea.
- The comfy bed.
- Meeting the guests and hearing their favorite stories as well.
- All the spaciousness. No crowds.
- Listening to guests chat about how the cruise not only met but exceeded their expectations.
- Proudly showing off our product to travel advisors.
- The convenience of it all – so close to home, short enough to take a vacation and not miss any work.
None of these things are extravagant in their own right. But, as things have changed, they now are, because we value them more than ever.
When you are ready for your perfect getaway, we are here. I encourage you all to begin planning your next micro-cation today, and we are on call ready to help.